Hey Parents! Your Kids Crave Your Leadership! You are the expert of your child, but if you don’t think you are, then we gotta lift you up and connect you with the right people who can help. From toddler tantrums to teen eye rolls, attachment breaks, explosive meltdowns, and overwhelmed, stressed-out parents, Jaci’s been rocking this parenting gig for over 30 years, and she’s here to share the real-deal tips and tricks outside of the therapy room. Subscribe now, strengthen your family connection with confidence and bring the fun back to parenting. #Parenting #NoProblemParents #ParentingSuccess #NoProblemParenting #ConfidentParenting You Got This! No-Problem!
Thursday Dec 21, 2023
Thursday Dec 21, 2023
Welcome Back No-Problem Parents!
Parents, if you've ever wondered how to strike a balance between embracing the joy of holiday sweets and maintaining a healthy approach to treats in your family, this episode is tailored just for you! In the grand finale of our Holiday Harmony Series, Jaci shares 8 Tips to help our kids learn about what's good for their bodies from the inside out and how to stay out of food battles.
1. **Create a Snack Station:** Keep a bowl of fresh fruit, like bananas or apples, on the kitchen table. Let your kids know they can help themselves to these healthy snacks without needing to ask.
2. **Allow Self-Serving at Meals:** During dinner, let your kids dish up their own meals, starting with one spoonful of each serving (main course, veggies, fruit). Emphasize that they can have more if they finish and are still hungry. This approach prevents food waste and allows children to regulate their own portions.
3. **Avoid Food Confrontations:** Instead of trying to convince or demand that your kids try a particular food, encourage them in a positive way. Model your enjoyment of the food without making it a battle. Remind them that taste preferences can change over time as they grow.
4. **Explain Taste Changes:** Communicate with your children in a matter-of-fact manner about how taste buds develop and change as they grow. Let them know that it's normal to like different foods at different stages of life. Avoid placing emotions into the conversation to keep it neutral.
5. **Foster Independence:** Encourage your children to explore and make decisions about their food preferences. Give them the autonomy to choose what they enjoy while guiding them toward a balanced and nutritious diet. This approach promotes a positive relationship with food.
6. **Avoid Tricking Tactics:** Steer clear of using tricks or deception to get your kids to eat certain foods. Children can quickly catch on to these tactics, leading to a breakdown of trust. Be honest about what they are eating and focus on creating a positive mealtime environment.
7. **Understand Individual Preferences:** Recognize that each child has unique taste preferences, and not all foods will be equally accepted. Be patient and understanding, allowing your children to develop their own palate over time.
8. **Seek Professional Guidance:** If you find yourself frequently in food battles or facing challenges with your child's eating habits, consider seeking advice from a professional. Listen to EP 45 and Episode 131 for more helpful tips and insights into food-related challenges with your kiddos.
Thank you Shear Dynamics for sponsoring today's podcast episode!
Visit: www.sheardynamicsmn.com or Call or text 320-251-5009
Thank you for tuning in to the No Problem Parenting podcast. Be sure to subscribe for more
valuable insights and grab your free PDFs below.
Click this link: 60 Ways to Respond to Your Kids without Losing Your Cool
Click this link: Make it Right Technique PDF
Are you ready to become a No-Problem Parent?
Start here: Becoming a No-Problem Parent Parenting on-demand training.
Get started TODAY for just $50! Become a No-Problem Parent
To learn more about Parenting Support or to pick Jaci's brain on the next steps for you or your child, Schedule a call now: Jaci's Calendar
Schedule a 30-minute call with Jaci! This 30-minute Problem-Solving appt includes the No-Problem Parenting DIY training! It's a 2-for-1 deal😀
For more resources CHECK OUT our No-Problem Parenting Resource Playground!
Follow us @noproblemparents on:
Check out our Books!
No-Problem Parenting; Raising Your Kiddos with More Confidence and Less Fear! Order your copy HERE
Hugs and High Fives,